At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Interaction Design Internship
The Red Hat User Experience Design team is looking for an Interaction Design Intern to join us in Beijing, China. In this role, you will creatively contribute to improving the user experience of Red Hat’s solutions. You’ll engage with customers to understand their needs so that you can effectively design and communicate sound improvements with diverse, cross-functional teams.
Primary job responsibilities
- Contribute to an interdisciplinary team that includes other user experience designers, developers, product and marketing managers, and other stakeholders through all phases of the development cycle
- Identify the right problems to solve, evaluate the usability of solutions, and make recommendations for improvements
- Clearly understand and articulate the information architecture, workflows, and processes surrounding the user experience
- Create wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate design
- Design and carry out targeted usability tests to validate design choices
- Work with developers to implement strategies that ensure technical success
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in interaction design, visual design, human computer interaction, human factors, computer science, or a closely related area in progress, or equivalent experience
- Experience with the user interface design process and methodology, particularly as applied to web-based applications
- Portfolio of user experience work; include links to your work in the resume
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.