We are seeking a Head of Enterprise Architecture who is a seasoned cloud-focused leader with deep and broad experience and shares our vision of bringing the power of technology to our internal teams at Pluralsight. You’ll lead the enterprise architecture function to build and manage our current and future applications architecture for all business systems and integrations to support global scale and provide standards and processes to enable success. The primary focus of your role will be to act as a technical leader working in close partnership with our business functions, business systems, IT operations, data and analytics teams to ensure our scalability and agility and to create and direct the future of enterprise architecture at Pluralsight.
Head of Enterprise Architecture
Who you’re committed to being:
- A life long learner. Always growing, learning and adapting, in and out of the office
- A leader. Eager to take responsibility, accountability and ownership of teams, systems and processes
- Able to adopt new technologies and willingness to self-learn those technologies quickly
- A partner with technical and business leaders, product managers and business analysts in producing solutions to business problems.
- Passionate about customer experience.
- Willing and able to ask tough questions and communicate effectively with technical and business leaders, engineers, and stakeholders.
What you’ll own:
- Leading the Enterprise Architecture team of technical architects and cloud integration engineers.
- Setting the technical direction for enterprise architecture on all business systems and working on difficult business challenges in coordination with other business and technology leaders.
- Build and maintain enterprise architecture documentation including Business Capability Maps, Business Process Flows, solution architecture etc.
- Defining data flows and integrations between all enterprise platforms.
- Ensuring solutions are compliant and meeting the privacy and security expectations of our customers and shareholders (GDPR, SOC2, SOX, etc.)
- Leading vendor and technology selections by informing and vetting them against functional and non-functional requirements.
- Apply standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability.
- Work with program, product, business, engineering, and data teams to ensure alignment of vision and deliverables
- Solve challenging cross-functional problems involving multiple platforms
- Stay abreast of both industry and internal trends and assist teams in staying current
Experience you’ll need:
- You’ve been there and done it, having worked as a senior technical decision maker with enterprise and global SaaS experience.
- At least 8 years of extensive and proven experience working with cloud platforms and major SaaS applications including Salesforce, Zuora, Docusign, Netsuite, Okta, Mulesoft, Informatica and Workday.
- Experience with working in the context of business processes such as Go To Market and Quote to Cash and the underlying business systems.
- Real-world experience building high-performance, large-scale solutions in a high growth environment
- Strong technical background with experience in developing custom software and operating 3rd party platforms with a bias to using out of the box functionality
- Proficiency of application, data and integration architecture disciplines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to internalize requirements from a variety of sources and drive agreement and compromise between teams
- Experience working for High Tech Software companies with revenue greater than $750M
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.