Engineering at Altitude Learning
As an engineer at Altitude Learning, you will be building and maintaining web and mobile applications that are used by learners and educators on a daily basis. We work closely with our partner school communities to deeply understand their practices, aspirations and pain-points, then collaborate with designers, product managers, and pedagogy experts to build solutions. Whether you are a recent graduate looking to start your career or a seasoned engineer who has multiple years of relevant experience, we can provide the right environment and challenges that match your skills, while helping you continue to grow.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 2 years as a professional software engineer. If you have more, that’s great too
- Experience with the *nix or Mac OS X command line.
- Experience with a modern source code control system. We use Git
- Experience writing backend code in a modern programming language. We mainly use Python
- Experience writing MVC single page apps. We use Ember
- Experience testing single page apps, such as with QUnit, Mocha, or Selenium.
- Experience with relational databases, including the ability to explain how ACID properties impact your design