Engineering Manager, Edge Protocols
The Manager for Edge Protocol Engineering will lead a group of engineers specializing in terminating connections on Fastly’s CDN. This role will help guide the team to deliver high quality and high performance systems. And, work with other engineering managers to lead shared efforts. Responsibilities of the position include the day-to-day management of a team of engineers producing software and systems for terminating end user connections at the CDN’s edge. You will contribute to projects ranging from our TLS products to the implementation of new protocols such as QUIC. We’re creating a better, more trustworthy Internet at Fastly. The Edge Protocols team contributes directly to this.
What We’re Looking For
- 5-7 years of Software Engineering experience.
- 2-4 years of Engineering Management experience.
- Experience with different methods of engineering and knowing when to experiment with them.
- You have run engineering teams or have been a tech lead with strong people leadership skills.
- You have an excellent understanding of safe coding practices, and are comfortable with C.
- You are proficient in Go, Rust, or similar high level languages.
- You understand how TCP, UDP, and TLS works. Bonus points if you’re familiar with QUIC.
- You have worked in distributed and highly available environments.