About the Role:
We’re building the next-generation infrastructure and security platform for CrowdStrike which includes an application and service delivery platform, massively scalable distributed data storage and replication systems, and a cutting-edge search and distributed graph system. Help us scale CrowdStrike’s infrastructure and products to handle massive growth in traffic and data as we continue to experience dramatic growth in the usage of our products.
We are looking for a skilled DevOps Engineer who can contribute to our team which is responsible for thousands of Splunk systems that run in AWS as well as in Crowdstrike data centers. We handle infrastructure, the Splunk backend and some application development, but the latter is handled mostly by a dedicated application development team. Splunk knowledge is an advantage, but if not, don’t worry, we will teach you.
This position is open to candidates in Bucharest (Office or Romania Remote), Brasov, Cluj, Iasi and Timisoara (Remote).
- Linux systems administration, bash scripting
- Configuration management automation using Chef, Puppet or Salt
- Python scripting, automation through scripts
Nice to have skills:
- Good knowledge of Splunk search processing language (SPL), reporting, dashboards, and search acceleration techniques
- Experience administering Splunk, especially clusters and bundle replication, custom search commands, KV Store
- AWS Cloud
- Container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience programming with the Splunk REST API
- Regular expressions
- Good knowledge of Splunk data ingestion, field extraction and post-ingestion processing
- Build automation tools for infrastructure using Python and various technologies including containers
- Participate in, and at times lead, backend engineering efforts from rapid prototypes to large-scale applications using Python
- Brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple team
- Obsess about learning, and champion the newest technologies & tricks with others, raising the technical IQ of the team
- Constantly re-evaluate our product to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance and stability.
- Be an energetic “self-starter” with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Working with the latest technologies
- Training budget (certifications, conferences)
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service event