Mokriya takes software seriously. We’re pragmatic crafters who believe in smart and focused development, building clients’ products just as we do our own investing heavily in design, iterating rapidly to validate and falsify ideas, and pursuing perfection in every interaction. We learned a lot of interesting things along the way about the right way to ship software, and we’re now bringing our incredible software product experience to larger companies like Verizon, Google, Intel, Twitter, Sony, L’Oréal— and we do this all with a fully distributed team.
We believe that well-made software can change the world, no matter how small or simple a product might be. We also believe that poorly-made software —badly-designed, badly-developed, or badly-supported— is a preventable tragedy.
Mokriya’s mission is to make great software for ourselves, for our clients and most importantly for our users.
You love to build. When you’re not at your job, you’re probably tinkering on some contraption in the basement or figuring out how to take apart . You get a thrill from figuring out a clever way to solve a problem. You are a good software tester with strong programming fundamentals and you really take pride in knowing the ins and outs of the programming languages and libraries you are working on. You are a product-focused Engineer that cares about details and—this is obvious—you take pride in your work.
If this sounds like you, and you’ve been working on DevOps, you should apply. We strongly encourage and are proponents of diversity.
Why should I be excited to work here?
First, it’s fun. Not in the “everyone pretend to have fun, we’re a startup, where are the Nerf guns?” way, either. It’s fun to work at Mokriya because beyond the perks and good times, we’re a happy team of people who love to design and build great products. It’s not just that we have a great organizational structure in which everyone is really empowered to act; it’s also that we hire for fit and bring in folks only if we’re confident in their integrity, capability, and drive.
No one will watch over your shoulder, and you won’t have to spend time watching over anyone else’s either. We’re a talented team of doers. There’s little bureaucracy, and we hate blocking. Our product managers spend their time making sure you can get things done in the way that best suits your preferences and the project needs.
Autonomy, creativity, thoughtfulness, trust if you care about those things, you’ll be happy here. And more importantly, we’d be honored to hire you.
- Expertise programming experience with Java
- Expertise in Linux software development
- Building observability into services via instrumentation, logging, and tracing.
- Good understanding of microservices concepts/architecture
- Experience developing cloud services and cloud platforms
- Experience with agile development and working with agile engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to convey complex ideas to others in a concise and clear manner
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or equivalent professional experience
Good to have
- Experience with Scala and Python
- Experience with HDFS, Spark, and relational databases such as Postgres
- Experience with open source monitoring and logging technologies such as Prometheus and ELK
- Experience implementing containers in a microservices environment
- Experience educating engineers about what to log, measure and alert on with an emphasis on surfacing trends to be used for SLA/O analysis
- Experience in building analysis tooling and processes to provide mature mechanics to help users understand the state of a distributed system at a given point in time.
- Experience in creating and delivering performance monitoring and insights for bespoke platforms via dashboards, scorecards and ad hoc analysis.