SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
Our database infrastructure powers the “Data” in “People Powered Data” here at SurveyMonkey. It’s mission-critical for our customers, and our database infrastructure team keeps things running smoothly. In this role, you will lead one of our database infrastructure teams to manage, automate, scale, and optimize our database infrastructure.
- Lead a team of expert database infrastructure engineers
- Build strong partnerships with application engineering and infrastructure teams
- Coach and mentor engineers and other members of data infrastructure
- Work closely with our database infrastructure tech leads and other principal engineers to define a long-term roadmap for the infrastructure
- Help guide the team in designing and building automation & tooling around all facets of database operation
- Participate in some engineering duties and the on-call rotation
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to optimize the database usage
- Experience leading a database engineering team in a complex, large environments
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and other data stores such as MySQL, open-source and cloud-native purpose-built DBs
- Managed production workloads in the cloud, preferably in AWS
- Experience in handling various data compliance regulations and security requirements
- Scripting (Python, Bash, Powershell, or others) and Infrastructure as Code experience a major plus
- Strong coaching and mentorship skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and manage team deliverables
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.