Ibotta is looking for a Data Engineering Manager to help drive our data strategies, grow our capabilities, and continue to develop our data engineering team. This leader will provide technology leadership and guidance in architectural and design decisions. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, collaborative and inspiring leader with a track record of attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining world-class talent.
Data Engineering Manager
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Lead the strategic direction and tactical execution of Data Engineering at Ibotta
- Champion data engineering within the scope of Ibotta’s ambitious data strategy and as a foundational function in our Technology organization
- Design durable, flexible, and scalable data pipelines and frameworks to automate the ingestion, processing and delivery of both structured and unstructured batch and real-time streaming data
- Work in close partnership with the Business Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Management functions to develop and implement best practices across the technology organization
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Ibotta architecture team to ensure alignment on data standards and processes
- Define the scope, resources and deliverables of data engineering projects
- Set clear expectations for team members; solicit, synthesize and deliver feedback
- Proactively identify and clear roadblocks for the data engineering team
- Promote and maintain a healthy and collaborative culture across the team and organization
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of data engineering management experience
- 5+ years of experience as a data engineer in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Event Driven Architectures and platforms (e.g. Kafka) is a strong plus
- Understanding and experience with Agile software development and management
- Exposure to multiple languages, frameworks, and big data tools, preferably: Python, Airflow, Hive & Spark
- Experience with cloud-based data architectures and platforms (AWS preferred)
- Motivated by a fast paced environment while encompassing our key behaviors including proposing creative solutions, winning as a team, and adapting well to change
- Effective written and verbal communicator
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a…”) is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.