Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
We’re looking for a full-time Backend Software Engineer with extensive SaaS experience to join our team and help continue building Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM). While you’ll predominantly be responsible for building microservice APIs for our web platform, ambitious and talented full-stack developers are welcome to apply too as there’s plenty of UI work to do as well. This is an amazing opportunity to build something from the ground up and integrate our existing Client <–> Server products with Cloud to deliver a new wave of services and functionality to our users. The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Plus, our team is small, so you and your work will have a large impact. This is a rare opportunity to start with a great team, on a great project, at a great company with lots of benefits.
What You Will Do
- Brainstorm with designers, architects and product managers to build and tweak functionality
- Participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- Identify and uphold engineering best practices
- Develop scalable, high-volume, performant applications focused on simplicity and user delight
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
- 2+ years programming in Golang (preferred), Java, Python with excellent programming fundamentals
- Test-driven and zealous about testing
- Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL or MongoDB (basic usage as a programmer)
- Comfortable with Linux (basic usage as a programmer)
- Excellent English written and verbal language skills
- Ability to work with others we sell as independently in a fully remote environment
- Deep experience with distributed SaaS applications
- Development experience on cloud computing platform (AWS, Azure, or OpenShift)
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git)
- Experience designing, building, and documenting APIs
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Other databases/data stores (memcached, clickhouse)
- Deep knowledge security and encryption techniques for transmitting and storing sensitive data
- Experience with continuous deployment to cloud / virtualized environments (“DevOps”)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Prometheus
- College degree
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
Location: Remote work from home specifically from the Eastern European region.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.