We are a remote and talented product development group and we work in small autonomous teams to create high quality products. Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion for challenging problems, software craftsmanship, and having impact, then Sonatype is the right place for you.
We are expanding our Data team, responsible for unlocking insight from vast amounts of software component data, powering our suite of products enabling our customers from making informed and automated decisions in managing their software supply chain. As a Backend Engineer, you will lead or contribute to designing, development, and monitoring of systems and solutions for collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing large data sets. You will work in a team made up of Data Scientists and other Software Engineers.
Required Experience & Skills
- Deep software engineering experience; we primarily use Java.
- Database and data manipulation skills working with relational or non-relational models.
- Strong ability to select and integrate appropriate tools, frameworks, systems to build great solutions.
- Deep curiosity for how things work and desire to make them better.
- Currently reside in either Canada, Colombia, or the United States of America and are legally authorized to work without sponsorship in the corresponding country.