CivicActions is a dedicated, fun-loving team, looking for some talented folks to help us bring revolutionary digital services to government agencies and the people they serve.
For this role, you will be developing, improving, configuring and bug fixing contributed and custom modules in the context of specific site needs, aiming for maintainability, simplicity, and reusability. You’ll do this alongside an amazing team and dedicated clients.
Desired Skill Sets
We are hiring for several positions requiring experience and knowledge we need to augment our teams. We strongly value team members with a broad base of experience who are comfortable performing a variety of roles. Do you have a combination of the following skills?
- Experience participating in the development of information technology projects
- Experience developing and deploying backend web applications in an Agile environment
- In-depth knowledge of developing backend web applications that integrate with relational and non-relational database systems
- Comfort with web API design and use
- Familiarity with OOP or Symfony, including common design patterns
- Experience with Drupal 8
- Skilled at building SQL queries and comfortable building regex algorithms
- Comfortable with Content/Data Migration into and out of Drupal
- Comfortable with peer programming and code review
- Experience with performance optimization
- Able to architect and write secure, performant, well-documented code that adheres to coding standards
- Familiarity with most common contributed modules
- Ability to navigate on the command line and use a version control system
- Comfortable with multiple fork and branching workflows in Git
- Able to use Drush and PHP debugging tools to speed your work and enhance your code quality
- Able to develop unit and/or behavioral tests using automated testing tools (e.g. Behat) to validate your features
- Familiarity with code-based configuration deployment (e.g. Features, configuration management)
- Comfortable integrating and configuring search engines (e.g. Solr, Drupal search) with Drupal Views
- Working with a containerized LAMP stack for PHP/MySQL development; comfort with command line and version control skills and workflows
- We are looking to hire for a project that requires 7+ Years of engineering experience, in addition to a Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Engineering degree or Equivalent