We are Mobiquity, a digital consultancy, committed to helping our clients understand, apply and engage technology in meaningful ways… and we are growing. As we continue to work with our clients uncovering friction and sparking digital transformation, we are hiring a Senior Application Security Engineer to work with our high impact teams.
Reporting to the Director of Security Engineering, and working with other members of the security team, project delivery, operations, and IT teams. This role is responsible for the overall quality and security of Mobiquity applications and products.
- Ensure new projects are scoped, implemented and deployed in a secure manner;
- Provide application security expertise to customer project delivery teams throughout the Mobiquity Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC);
- Review static code analysis findings for exploitability and provide recommendations to developers for remediating findings.
- Perform validation and testing on mobile and web applications to ensure products meet internal requirements and industry standards for software security.
- Provide security subject matter expertise and consultation to internal Business Units and Customers;
- Maintain, apply, and enhance security architecture, development, testing, operations, and compliance standards throughout the organization;
- Coordinate with the IT, Operations, and Delivery teams to ensure adherence to strong SDLC tools and processes and training in secure coding and testing best practices;
- Perform security internal audits on new projects;
- Perform risk assessments on vendors, tools, and processes;
- Advice on strategy or new and existing compliance standards for Mobiquity and customers;
- Support and lead internal security operations functions, including security awareness, vulnerability management, and incident response;
- Consult with IT and Delivery teams on forensic analysis of breaches and exploits;
- Maintain, apply, and enhance a set of materials for internal and external use related to Mobiquity security posture and on-going expertise;
- Assist with the creation of periodic blog posts and other market-facing content on topical security subjects;
- Represent Mobiquity with industry leaders, analysts and standards bodies in areas related to security and compliance;
- Provide other security, compliance, and technical tasks as assigned by the Director of Security Engineering.
- Conduct point in time risk assessments for major project milestones and deliverables, and support client delivery with communication and decision making for residual security risks
Desired Experience and Capabilities:
- Ability to understand, explain, and demonstrate various security vulnerabilities & risks including XSS, CSRF, Code Injection, MitM, Brute-force/Dictionary/Rainbow Table attacks
- Knowledge of stack exploitation in C based languages
- Experience with Mobile (Android and iOS) application architecture
- Experience with AWS technologies and other cloud technologies
- Experience explaining technical and security concepts to both technical and non-technical resources in a consultative role
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of industry regulations such as GDPR and HIPAA, or other industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, or OWASP
- Experience delivering security training to security professionals, engineers, and non-engineers
- Experience applying security best practices in an agile development environment using modern secure development lifecycle frameworks such as Microsoft SDL and OWASP SAMM 2
- Excellent planning, organizing and time management skills
- Experience with system administration of Linux based systems, database technologies, endpoint security, security logging, and monitoring systems
- Experience with OIDC, Oauth2, SAML
- Experience with key management, secrets management
- Experience with container and serverless technologies
Applicable Certifications Include:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty
Good employers, take great care of their people and we have therefore lined up several nice perks. We work in small teams with a start-up mentality. Our office is based in the business district in Amsterdam to which you can ride a bike safely and quick. A competitive salary, health insurance compensation (€100,- per month), pension plan, 25 holidays, travel costs compensation, free fruit, Friday afternoon drinks and a unique membership of the Mobsters.
Do you have what it takes?
Here’s what you need to do to apply: Please upload your CV and a short motivation by clicking the apply button. For more information, please contact our recruiter Guy Ruina via email@example.com.
Mobiquity is a rapidly scaling digital engagement player with more than 700 colleagues around the world. We are makers, designers, and coders who take pride in what we craft. We envision, design, create and optimize compelling, game-changing digital solutions across all channels.
With 30+ different nationalities in our Amsterdam office, you could say we have a diverse culture, and we’re proud of it! Our teams, “the Mobsters”, are inspired by technology but it doesn’t rule them. They are creative people that coop in teams that combine our four key skills: Creativity, Consulting, Analytics, and Technology. Mobsters love to learn, they are curious by nature and driven to make a mark.
We work within a wide variety of industries and have deep expertise in sectors including healthcare, consumer, retail, communications. Many companies use technology as a starting point for innovation which leads to digital confusion. But human experience as a starting point for innovation creates a technical challenge… and that’s much more exciting.