BacklotCars is seeking an Android Developer to join our software development team. We are an online marketplace for auto dealers and our platform is changing the way dealers buy/sell wholesale vehicles. We are looking for individuals who share our growth mindset, and who are ready to execute ideas that will change an industry.
As an Android Developer, you’ll focus on bringing our mobile platform to life. You’ll partner with other engineers, product managers, designers to execute a broad range of projects and products. This could include developing both new and existing applications to create features that improve the experience of our users, architecting mobile infrastructure to support a fast-growing user base, or optimizing our intelligent marketplace to provide a better user experience.
Join us as we keep this expansion rolling. If you are excited about disrupting a marketplace and a next-generation technology platform, apply to the position below.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and release native Android applications.
- Build and maintain consumer facing mobile applications with sharp and clean interfaces
- Work within a team environment to help support and review code
- Develop, test, ship and support a B2B Android application
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering and product team to ensure a great experience for our users.
- Write strong, maintainable code using good design principles
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, functional programming, and design patterns
- Write clean, understandable and well-documented code
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of experience developing Android applications; preferably for B2B or B2C products
- Deep understanding of both Java and Kotlin in a professional environment
- Experience in object-oriented design and development
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong understanding of the Android SDK and application performance
- Experience with the development of user interfaces for mobile devices
Who We Are
BacklotCars is an online marketplace for auto dealers and is changing the way they buy/sell wholesale vehicles.
Through BacklotCars, auto dealers, auto finance, and rental car companies can transact without having to go to physical auctions.
Our end to end solution is truly seamless for dealers, as BacklotCars provides vehicle inspections, transportation, and inventory finance.
Our mission is to make wholesale easy so dealers can be more successful.
The team at BacklotCars includes professionals from both inside and outside the auto industry, which gives us a unique perspective on its problems and innovative solutions. We blend our deep expertise in the auto industry and technology to modernize auto wholesale.
We were founded in Kansas City and graduated from 500 Startups, a prestigious accelerator in Silicon Valley. Since launching, we’ve seen tremendous growth and now help dealers buy and sell thousands of cars a month across 40+ states.
As one of the fastest growing early-stage startups in the region, we’ve attracted investors from all over the world.
We are looking for individuals who share our growth mindset, and who are ready to execute ideas that will change an industry.