Seeq is searching for one or more fluent English & French-speaking Analytics Engineers to play a critical role in the growth of the company as it serves process industries. In fact, we are seeking ‘superstars’ in their fields.
Focus areas within the company include an emphasis on product engineering, custom solutions, and sales application engineering. Analytics Engineers play a critical role and candidates are expected to continuously learn, grow, and contribute across several departments within the company. Various tasks and responsibilities will include analyzing customer needs, prototyping custom solutions, as well as assisting with installations, training, and support functions.
The minimum requirements for this position are the following, and it would be a waste of time to apply if you don’t satisfy the minimum requirements:
- Must speak fluent French and English
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience.
- Must have used time series data bases (historians) and familiar with evaluating time-series data trends.
- Must have permission to work in France
- Must have a passport and able to travel internationally for training in US and supporting customers in the region.
Seeq prefers to emphasize talent, capacity to contribute, and passion for the problem solution over specific experience or background requirements, but even so, the ideal candidate is likely to have most or many of the following characteristics:
- Good educational background in one or more related disciplines and may have completed pertinent graduate work. Example disciplines might be Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Systems Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Math, Data Analytics, and similar fields.
- Previous experience working as an engineer involved with analyzing time series and process data in one of the industrial segments important to Seeq. Experience using enterprise historians (OSIsoft PI, IP-12, Delta-V, Wonderware, etc.) is particularly valuable.
- Experience in Oil & Gas and Chemicals preferred for this location
- You are regarded by your colleagues as one that ‘adds energy’ to everyone and every project you touch. You enjoy dissecting and explaining complex tasks.
- Exploits excellent communication skills and creative insights within multi-disciplinary team environments to contribute to exciting levels of shared vision and productivity.
- Enjoys customer interactions and solving customer problems. Able to translate a combination of customer-stated and customer-implied needs into a coherent needs documents for use by software development team.
- Enjoys working with the latest software products and tools solving real-world business and industrial challenges. Programming experience in Python and other programming languages is a plus. Should be power user of Excel and experience in Matlab, R, Tableau or other BI tools would be helpful.
- You are experienced in working and being successful in a virtual team environment.
This position will be issued equity (stock options) based upon his/her expected contribution. We are organized as a virtual company with a headquarters in Seattle, WA, USA.
We use state-of-the-art online collaboration tools for development and corporate functions. Employees must have access to a good office environment with high-bandwidth connectivity, can support the local needs in Paris, France, and have a willingness to travel for team link-ups several times a year for a few days, including travel to customer sites in France (and surrounding countries) for several visits per month.
The best applicants are ones who include cover letters explaining how their backgrounds, experiences, and interests match into Seeq’s position description. We receive hundreds of applicants for this role, so please help us identify how you can exceptionally contribute to our mission and our future success.
This position will be based in Paris, France.